This has officially become my most anticipated TV show this Fall. Glee has the youthfulness and perk-you-up music of High School Musical, minus the childish story plot. Synopsis from the official website:
From Ryan Murphy, the creator of “Nip/Tuck” and “Popular,” comes GLEE, a one-hour musical comedy that follows an optimistic high school teacher as he tries to transform the school’s Glee Club and inspire a group of ragtag performers to make it to the biggest competition of them all: Nationals.
McKinley High School’s Glee Club used to be at the top of the show choir world, but years later, a series of scandals have turned it into a haven for misfits and social outcasts. WILL SCHUESTER (Matthew Morrison, Broadway’s “Hairspray”), a young optimistic teacher, has offered to take on the Herculean task of restoring McKinley’s Glee Club to its former glory with the help of fellow teacher EMMA PILLSBURY (Jayma Mays, “Ugly Betty”). It’s a tall order when the brightest stars of the pitch-imperfect club include KURT (Chris Colfer), a nerdy soprano with a flair for the dramatic; MERCEDES (Amber Riley), a dynamic diva-in-training who refuses to sing back-up; ARTY (Kevin McHale, “Zoey 101”), a geeky guitarist who spends more time avoiding bullies than chasing girls; and TINA (Jenna Ushkowitz, “Spring Awakening”), an awkward girl who needs to suppress her stutter before she can take center stage.
Will’s only hope lies with two true talents: RACHEL BERRY (Lea Michele, “Spring Awakening”), a perfectionist firecracker who is convinced that show choir is her ticket to stardom; and FINN HUDSON (Cory Monteith, “Kyle XY”), the popular high school quarterback with movie star looks and a Motown voice who must protect his reputation with his holier-than-thou girlfriend, QUINN (Dianna Agron), and his arrogant teammate, PUCK (Mark Salling).
Ah~! Too much text right… Here’s a snippet shown in the pre-pilot. Powerful and inspiring song. Makes me wish I could sing like them too.
Vodpod videos no longer available.
- This video is mirrored to prevent YouTube’s automatic copyright filter from working. Smart~!
- 1:21 – The right most guy knows how to shake. Haha… (He can really sing too. He sang Mr. Cellophane perfectly.)
- 1:27 – Different angle of the now left most guy shaking. Haha…
- 2:16 – The guy reaches out his hand…
- 2:19 – And reaches out his other hand…
- 2:24 – Then reaches out the other hand again. =.=” Weird choreography…
- 2:55 – LOOK OUT! The lead guy walks with same-hand-same-leg… ;(
- 3:10 – This moment is too fake… Spoilt the moment.
It’s really unfortunate that the actual season will only begin airing on September 16, 2009. Can’t wait~ 🙂