More picks from the program; this time a contemporary piece.
Gev Manoukian & Courtney Galiano
to the song Lost by Anouk
Vodpod videos no longer available.
This item wasn’t executed perfectly, there are some visible hiccups here and there, but I thought the choreography was superb. Makes me miss dance items that require pair work and lifts.
- 0:02+: I really loved the way this number started. The way the girl was being moved around like a doll, sitting her on his legs with her feet pointed. The accelerated and decelerated moments are just so typical of contemporary dances which I like.
- 0:24: Interesting transfer between positions.
- 0:32: The moment she smiled… Melted my heart…
- 0:37+: Interesting lift which I believe should be manageable.
- 0:45: One do-able lift.
- 1:03: Pulsating body movements. Hmm… Creates very good visual effect. (Plus the smile of course.)
- 1:06+: Lift sequence which seems quite tiring but should still be manageable.
- 1:17: Interesting choreography.
- 1:21+: Another nice lift sequence~!
- Given that the dancers have only one week to master the item, I am very amazed how fast they can coordinate the transitions which could be very awkard for the dancers.
- Always liked the opening number for the result show, but this season has delivered another rather flat choreography that didn’t excite me as it usually does.
- This episodes had some more stunning ending positions.
- One last thing: learnt another technical term from SYTYCD: Dance belt. I’ve seniors who had to wear it for their performances before. I pray that my turn would never come. 😦